Breakfast is something we both enjoy immensely. I mean, all meals. As a result, we're constantly seeking new methods to make family meals as enjoyable as possible, whether buying a new pair of chef's knives to better your cooking or putting together some entertaining games for your upcoming dinner party.
Of course, many lots of it will depend on the furnishings as well. We are all about preparing our dinners to appear tempting before we wolf it all down in 0.3 seconds, whether it's with a lovely pair of wine glasses or some great dinnerware. So, if you're looking for a way to improve your current setup, consider getting a fresh pair of bar stools for your breakfast or kitchen island.
Use a set with backs if you want more brightness or comfort for a dinner party. If you want more warmth, choose a set in black velvet.
It doesn't matter if it's breakfast or happy hour. There's something more enjoyable about doing it at bar height. To select the ideal bar stools for your area, continue reading this Sweet Pea Interiors article written just for you.
TIPS FOR FINDING THE BEST BAR STOOLS
Measure Counter Height
For guests to comfortably take drinks and rest their arms on the bar, your bar stools must match the height of your bar if you decide against using adjustable height barstools. You may select bar height stools with confidence for a typical bar. Counter stools are preferable over bar height stools if your bar area is at the same height as a kitchen counter or higher. Unless you're setting up a kids' section off to the side, shorter stools are rare for home bars. It's best to measure the height between your counter and floor.
Match Details to Your Style
The bar will be a coherent addition to your house, and the rooms will flow into one another organically if you select bar seating that complements your home's design. In contrast to contemporary bar stools, which frequently utilise unconventional lines and are typically constructed of metal or plastic, rustic design homes work well with bar stools mostly made of wood. You could want to take it a step further and select a style that blends well with the area and the type of property, such as modern metal bar stools for a trendy, high-rise apartment or coastal design grey bar stools for a home by the ocean.
Find Convenient Features
Simple things can frequently make a big impact on how comfortable your guests are. Since bar stools can accommodate visitors of any height, adjustable height seats are no longer just for the barbershop. A footrest provides a wonderful touch, so guests have somewhere to put their feet because of how tall bar stools may be. Many bars have long featured swivel bar stools, which make it simple for customers to turn around and converse with one another at your home bar.
Balance Back Height for Aesthetic and Comfort
Depending on the design and level of comfort you desire, you can choose several types of backs for your bar stools. Backless bar stools are a common option when we talk about swivel types. High and low-back bar stools are both possibilities if you want stools that provide some level of back support, with low-back stools offering some back support while looking somewhat similar to backless and high-back bar stools giving the most help.
Find Quality Seating Materials
You shouldn't skimp on your selection of chair material since, if you do it well, you'll want to spend a lot of time relaxing there. For bar stool frames and seats, wood is frequently used since it has a classic appearance and is sturdy. Bar stools made of leather emphasize comfort and look expensive. It's made of metal and plastic complement the contemporary style and are a strong alternative. Make sure you know how to clean it in case of spills, no matter what you decide.
Match Your Colour Palette
The majority of bar stools available are solid colours, which is understandable given that they match many decor styles and blend in with your bar without being dominating. However, be sure to look at various colour patterns as well; you might find the one that would complement your home bar. A wild print pattern can be just what you need to draw attention to if you want to add an eye-catching feature.
BAR STOOL SIZE
Depending on the height of the table and the overall dimensions of your room, one of three standard heights for bar stools will best fit your needs.
- Counter-Height Bar Stool: One of the three typical heights for bar stools will suit your needs the best. Adjust the height of the table and the room's overall size.
- Bar-Height Bar Stool: A bar-height bar stool generally has a seat height from the floor of 29 to 32 inches. Table heights between 41 and 43 inches work well with bar-height bar stools.
- Extra-Height Bar Stool: Extra-tall bar stools are best coupled with tables that are 44 to 47 inches high and range in height from 33 to 36 inches.
The ideal size bar stool for your room will depend on the seat width you choose, comfort, and size. The following are typical seat widths and seat heights:
- Counter-Height: 15-inch seat
- Bar-Height: 17-inch seat
- Extra-Tall: 21-inch seat
How to Measure
Use these measuring instructions to ensure the ideal fit when matching a bar stool with a table.
- Measure the distance from the floor to the top of the counter or table.
- Add 10 to 12 inches to the counter height or table height.
- It will give you the idea of the height at which your ideal stool should be for maximum leg comfort. The optimal bar stool will be between 28 and 30 inches tall, for instance, if your tabletop is 40 inches tall.
BAR STOOL CONSTRUCTION
For optimum weight support, bar stools are made of sturdy materials. Most bar stools are made of wood or metal and come in all sorts of finishes and colors to match any decor. Focus on choosing a material that complements your existing design when selecting a bar stool frame because they may be made from various materials, including metal, wood, wicker, or plastic.
- Upholstered: Many clients favour the comfort that an upholstered, well-cushioned seat provides. A further chance to add colour, texture, and pattern to interiors is provided by upholstered bar stools.
- No-Cushion: Unupholstered chairs without a cushion enable simple upkeep and cleanliness for people utilising stools in a busy environment. Clients don't have to stress about wear and discoloration because the seats are not covered in upholstery fabric. Customers who frequently host events or have young children should choose no-cushion stools.
CHOOSING BAR STOOLS
Determine How Many Bar Stools You Need
We advise measuring your space before purchasing bar stools for your home. It's crucial to allow each person ample space for easy entry and exit and just the right elbow space to sit comfortably.
As a general guideline, if the seat is between 16 and 18 inches, there should be 6 inches between stools. Allow 8 to 10 inches between them if the stool seat is between 19 and 22 inches.
Types of Bar Stools
- Adjustable Bar Stools: Try adjustable bar stools if you'd want the flexibility of adjusting the height. To utilise them at counter or bar height, they can be changed by a few inches. They can be adjusted to reach the counter, making them perfect for families with young children.
- Bar Stools With Back: Think about a bar stool with a back if your kitchen island serves as the main gathering or dining area. They offer more comfort and support for prolonged sitting.
- Swivel Bar Stools: Most bar stools have swivel chairs for convenience.
- Metal Bar Stools: Metal bar stools with finishes ranging from bronze or black to chrome and brass are some of the most often used bar stools. Metal bar stools can look great in modern, traditional, industrial, or rustic settings, depending on the style.
- Wooden Type: Another common material is wood. It can be painted or stained and looks wonderful in contemporary, traditional, country, or cottage homes because of its versatility.
- Patio Bar Stools: Outdoor bar seats are necessary if your deck or patio has a bar. Patio bar chairs are typically composed of all-weather wicker, plastic, metal, or wood because they must be waterproof. For convenient storage during the offseason, think about stackable seats.
BAR STOOL FEATURES
Here are a few characteristics to consider when buying a bar stool for your house.
Bar stools are available in a wide range of designs to fit every decor, from sleek metal and contemporary to rustic wood and iron. Choose the right seats for modern, transitional, classic, rural, and seaside patios and interiors.
- Arms: Some bar stools come with armrests for a more formal appearance. For a more pleasant experience, Sweet Pea Interiors provides padded or cushioned arms, or hardwood arms that provide more structure and functionality. To make sure the arms will fit comfortably underneath the table or counter, be certain to measure the height of the counter or table.
- Backrest: Full Back is good for prolonged durations of sitting since it provides more stability and comfort. For increased storage convenience, the frame's streamlined design makes stacking simple. Stools without backs provide an easier vibe.
- Swivel: Bar seats can rotate while the rest of the frame is immovable, thanks to the swivel features. It makes it simple to turn in a chair, making it simple for visitors to get in and out of their seats while having to move the whole seat.
- Adjustable Height: Customers can raise or lower the seat height of some bar stools thanks to an airlift lever or hydraulic pump. A lift enables easy adjustment for personalised comfort that may tailor to your precise measurement and needs. Little children and adults using stools at different times will benefit the most from this feature.
Materials and Colours
Bar stools are available in a huge range of hues and materials. Metal stools come in vivid yellows, pinks, greens, and blues for a delightful flash of colour. Sleek, contemporary seats in rose gold, chrome, and brass look fantastic in modern settings. The traditional or transitional decor is complemented by bar stools covered in linen, velvet, or leather. On patios and covered porches, all-weather wicker or rattan furniture works wonderfully.
When looking for bar stools, other noteworthy qualities to take into account include casters for easy mobility, foldable or stackable barstools as space savers and cushioned seats for comfort and design.
BAR STOOLS FROM SWEET PEA INTERIORS
In the home, bar stools have grown very popular. The adjustable seating helps you maximize your kitchen counter space, but it's vital to realise that the chairs you should have for your home differ from those you see outside in bars or restaurants.